· What is your vision for the good society?
· What is the part that education can play in achieving that and what is the part that others need to play? Who are these others? What is/what should be their relationship to education?
· What are the building blocks we have in our schools and universities already that could move them towards that role?
· What are the building blocks outside formal education?
· What are the impediments to change and what causes them? And are there good reasons for these?
· What can I see of merit in the ideas of those who disagree with me?
· Do the ideas I suggest draw on the expertise and insight of others?
· Do the ideas I suggest offer enough benefit to outweight the disruption that they would cause in their realisation? how would we get there?